Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A New Winter Sport?!

The day was sunny but cold. On my way home from the dentist, I was caught in traffic. Time to enjoy the scenery I usually whiz by...

Scenery like this field that is part of Ottawa's experimental farm, an open windy spot. The winter winds have blown the snow into snow dunes resembling desert sand.

As I waited for the light to change, I pulled out my camera and took a few photos through the car window...





Suddenly I noticed what looked like a kite bobbing in the field ahead... It was a windy day, suitable for kiting - but who would brave the cold to stand out in this open field?

As I approached (and stopped at yet another traffic light), I noticed that the person holding the kite was standing on a snow board. The kite in the wind was pulling him along! Just then the light changed and I had to leave, before getting a better picture of what might be Canada's newest winter sport.

When I got home, a quick Google search revealed it is a new winter sport aptly called Snowkiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment