Saturday, December 14, 2013

Low-Carb Crepes For One

Crepes - thin pancakes that are rolled around a filling - are an interesting way to eat eggs. They traditionally contain eggs, milk and flour. I've started to make a low-carb version for myself, replacing wheat flour with a mix of soy flour and ground almonds.

Here is my recipe for crepes for one person.














Mix one egg. Add 1/3 cup (80 ml) of a blend of soy flour and ground almonds... approximately 40 ml of each - half and half.














Add 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk. Mix well. Then let stand for 10 or 15 minutes before frying in a small amount of butter or oil. Sometimes I make it in the evening for the next day. If it thickens too much overnight to spread thinly in the pan, add a tablespoon or two of water, till it's the right consistency.














Spread with cottage cheese or - my personal favorite - crunchy peanut butter.














Roll up ... and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment