Thursday, September 8, 2011

Family Time

In my grandparents' home, the living room was a social space - a place to sit and chat. Television was an unwanted intrusion, so they never had one. In fact, they were annoyed if a person they were visiting turned on the TV. They had come to socialize - not to sit silently and watch TV... (How boring is that?!)

We're not going back to visit them... We just sat and listened to that talking box, I remember them once fuming, after visiting friends.

Our home does have a "talking box" - though I don't watch it a lot. But sometimes, thinking about their home in the 1950s and 1960s, I wonder what they would say if they walked into my living room today...

Today we were having a quiet "family time" together.


















Everyone was so engrossed, I expected to hear: Don't talk to me... text me!

My grandparents would have thought we had lost our minds
!

No comments:

Post a Comment