Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Celebrate the Journey!

Too often in life I am so obsessed by trying to arrive at my destination that I forget to enjoy the journey! It's the same as a parent: I'm sometimes so focused on goals for my children that I forget to celebrate how far they've come!

So today - I celebrate my daughter's journey in her art...

Yesterday, an online magazine for teens posted this interview with her.

The journey isn't over... No sense that "I've arrived..."

Simply thankfulness... for the journey and for the good things that have come our way... (Children being one of them!)

Sometimes it's good for all of us to pause and appreciate how far we've come... on the road to where we're going... wherever that may be.

"To travel hopefully is better than to arrive." (Robert Louis Stevenson)

No comments:

Post a Comment