Friday, February 12, 2010

How Long Should I Keep These Boxes?!

(You can never have too many boxes... or can you?!)














I have a hard time parting with boxes... You never know when you might need one! I started keeping shoe boxes when my kids were in school and occasionally needed one for a school project - nothing more annoying that a teacher telling them to bring in a shoe box, and I had just thrown one out...

I no longer have kids needing shoe boxes for projects, but they are a handy size... so I keep them! (plus most of the other boxes I get)

When I took a quilting course, the instructor suggested keeping cereal boxes to use for quilting templates. I don't need that many templates, and we go through a lot a cereal, so I no longer keep them...

I also sell spelling workbooks, so I need sturdy letter size boxes to mail them in.

Then there are the boxes I need to return items in. Whenever I buy something, I need to keep the original packaging in case I need to return the item if it proves to be defective within the warranty period. (They say to return it in the original packaging...) We have been accumulating boxes for years, so - needless to say - there are probably a few we no longer need.














I've started to write the date (and place) I purchased the item on the box. I really should also put the length of the warranty on the box as well. It would save me some aggravation!

Recently I made the very bold move of throwing out some of our boxes on paper recycling day...














I mean - you can't keep everything, can you?! But at the back of my mind, I know that whenever I throw something out, I look for it about 6 months later!

No comments:

Post a Comment