Friday, October 9, 2026

A Little Problem

The past two months, I've had pain in my right leg. It's painful when walking - especially when doing stairs - but the severity fluctuates. I have no idea what caused it - no dramatic event that I can recall.











I went to physiotherapy for a few weeks, but it didn't seem to help.

A friend who had hip replacement surgery a few years ago (and now feels great) wonders if I might need the same. But when I asked "Dr. Google" about hip surgery pain, it appears that my pain is on the wrong side!

My daughter, who studied anatomy for her biomedical communications degree, suggests that it could be my IT band, a tendon that runs up and down the side of the leg. She then sent me a link to Alberta Health and some exercises they provide. 

So that's where I'm at now - exercising and alternating shoes. (Years ago, when I had a knee problem, my shoes were to blame!)

I hope it improves soon. I don't want to stop walking but it's no fun with pain in every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment