Thursday, December 9, 2021

Unfinished Project

On our last trip to Guelph, Terry and I did NOT drive to Paris, Ontario - so I did NOT buy yarn for a new knitting project!

Instead, I’m looking at finishing some projects I started a while back. I have quite a few that I started with enthusiasm - but ended up abandoning.

Each unfinished project has a story - a reason why I stopped working on it...











Like this abandoned poncho, similar to a red-striped one I made a few years ago, which I wear a lot.

Why did I stop working on it? I remember thinking that the muted blues were less inspiring to work with than the bright reds. Bright colours energize me! I also wondered  if I’d run out of variegated yarn before I was done. So I started to knit a plain dark blue stripe with different yarn. I didn’t really like it, so I put the project away, to think about it.

Now, my new plan is to work on it until I run out of the original variegated yarn. Then I’ll decide what to do... Hunt for the same brand of yarn in the same colour?  Add a contrasting colour? If I run into problems I may be tempted to put it away again - but I hope not. I hope to finish it this time. I have so many other unfinished projects to tackle!

No comments:

Post a Comment