Thursday, December 13, 2018

Back to Quilting

It's amazing how much fabric a bag of quilting scraps can make. I recently pulled out some shirt scraps my neighbor across the street gave me years ago.

Remnants from a shirt factory, they are various colors, shapes and sizes.

I focused on the blue-toned ones, leaving the beige- and red-toned for later use.

I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with them, but I had a few ideas, inspiration from quilts I saw on Pinterest.




I cut the scraps into 5 1/2 inch squares and strips 2 1/2 inches wide. Then I took the remaining smaller pieces and cut them into strips 2 inches wide. Anything smaller than 2 inches was thrown away.

It was tedious work, but I tried to to do several dozen a day.





When I had quite a few ready, I started to sew them together...











I'm still working on it.

This is the fabric of narrower strips... It's about a meter square right now, and I'm still adding to it.









This is the fabric made of squares and strips. I have sewn four pairs of rows together, and I'd like to make it three times that width.

I'm not sure exactly what either of these pieces will end up being. But it's fun to watch ideas evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment