Friday, May 2, 2014

Camera Dilemma

My first digital camera was a "freebee" I "purchased" with points I had accumulated...



It served me well for several years. Then, about three years ago, the lens cover started acting up. (It wouldn't close completely.) So Terry did an online search for a good quality "point and shoot" camera to replace it. By then I was taking dozens of photos weekly, to illustrate my blog.






This Panasonic Lumix scored well on consumer websites, so we bought it. But before long, I began to notice spots on my photos. I took it to a camera store to have the lens cleaned - but was informed that the dust was actually inside the lens. A design flaw was causing the camera to regularly draw dust in whenever the lens moved forward to open and backwards to close!



What to do?! To spend half as much as the camera cost to have a technician take the camera apart and clean it? One photographer, commenting on an online forum, said he did that - but in a few months, began to notice dusty spots inside again!

Until I decide what to do, I've borrowed my daughter's camera. She rarely uses it now that cell phones take pictures.  (And soon I may have enough points to get another simple camera for free!)


Going  back to an older digital model makes me realize the difference fewer megapixels make in uploading photos. They upload much more quickly!

Cameras change so quickly these days it's hard to know which ones to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment