Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Preparing for Winter: Bringing Plants Indoors

One of the scariest things I do before winter arrives is bring a dozen potted plants (that have been outside all summer) back into the house again. I say "scariest" because a former colleague had an infestation of jumping bugs in her house after she brought a tropical tree back indoors after a summer outside!

So every year when I bring my pots back into the house, I keep them far from indoor plants. The past few years, I have put them in the basement, but - as I forget to water them there - I have decided this year to put them on a stand beside this sunny window in an upstairs bedroom ... until next spring.














Oh, yes, and for the first night, I shut the bedroom door ... and checked the windows and furniture carefully for creepy-crawlies the next day!

The poor plants look a little bedraggled after I trimmed them back. Hopefully they'll readjust to the indoor climate and survive another winter - to go outside again!

No comments:

Post a Comment