Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Knitting again!

It's been rainy the past week or so... (so I can't get out and do any yard work). And there's only so much housework I can do! ...













So I accompanied a friend to her favorite Ottawa yarn store, and - of course - couldn't resist buying some yarn for myself.

(Not that I don't have any in my yarn stash...)













But these lovely colors - which I found in a backroom SALE bin - were irresistible!













So here I go again - knitting another pair of colorful socks for myself. I do wear my wool socks a lot indoors in winter. I'm using Kim Goddard's basic sock pattern - one I've used before (for the socks below) so I knows they will fit well. I knit the whole leg part in knit 2, purl 2 rib - for a snug fit.













I always love using variegated yarn... It's so much fun seeing what designs "magically" emerge when the colors change.

No comments:

Post a Comment