Monday, November 16, 2015

Quilting Decisions!


I signed up for a workshop in Toronto - given by a Canadian quilter whose books I love...

Getting ready for the all-day workshop, I headed upstairs to my fabric stash. For me, the hardest quilting decision is what fabrics to use... Color is everything! I'm not confident in my ability to choose colors that go well together, so I look for one multi-color fabric and base my color choices on that. That way a professional has helped me decide!

The quest: To find 15-25 fabrics in three colors for a "modern" log cabin design. (That's quite a few!) I was hoping to use up what I had rather than buy more fabric.








I narrowed it down to three choices: The one above. This one. And the one below.

After consulting with my daughter on skype, I decided to go with this one! I have quite a few fabrics in colors found in the cute illustration.

Hope I like it! These aren't colors I'm usually drawn to. I usually favor greens and blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment