Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Newest Favorite Food

Occasionally I try out new supermarket products...

I did a double take when I recently saw chocolate cream cheese next to the plain...

How would chocolate cream cheese taste?

(Would it be as high in sugar as Nutella - which I rarely buy any more, but which I do find delicious?!!)

After comparing the labels, I decided to try it.



Compared to regular cream cheese, the chocolate version isn't too bad, considering the factors I look at: protein, sugar and calories.

Calories: a tablespoon of the chocolate has 50 compared to 40 for the plain.
Protein: a tablespoon of each has 1 gram of protein
Sugar: a tablespoon of the chocolate has 4 grams compared to 1 gram of sugar in the plain



And taste wise, the chocolate is AMAZING!! It tastes like chocolate pudding or chocolate cheese cake. Delicious with strawberries or spread on bread!

Now that strawberry season is here, it's going fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment