Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Unique (And Scary?!) Ring Holders

I'm back at pottery...

For my first project, I thought I'd try making a ring holder in the shape of a hand. I traced my hand on a flat piece of clay, trimmed around it, and tried to shape it to look more realistic, more three-dimensional...

Hmmm. Not sure anybody would want that on their dresser or night-side table!












So I tried again... This time a unicorn head. The ring could slip over the horn on the head...

I've drawn horse heads dozens of times, but I couldn't remember the details. It didn't really look like a horse... Oh, well. Close enough...

I wonder what they will look like when done. (They are currently drying for a week...) Once they are a little firmer, I hope to shape them a bit more...

No comments:

Post a Comment