Thursday, July 31, 2014

Garden Art


I've never given much thought to adding art to my garden. (Does it detract from the beauty of the flowers?!)

















But this summer, I've become more aware of garden art.

















My pottery instructor, Colette Beardall, had pottery amid the flowers at her home studio.










Outside a Burnstown, Ontario gallery, I noticed ceramic chickens among the geraniums in a large flower pot...












Another pot nearby held a mix of flowers and glass ornaments.


















I did like this large metal garden stork.

Is it time to think of adding art to my flower beds?

My conclusion... Only if it doesn't detract from the flowers... Flowers are works of art in themselves!

I think the stork works because he adds interest to the greenery...

No comments:

Post a Comment