Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Knitting

I don't usually think of summer as knitting season, but I recently began a knit afghan in cheerful summery colors.

I loved the bright colors when I bought this yarn a year ago, but it took me a while to find a pattern I liked. In my online search for ideas for afghans in variegated yarn, I came across the comment that color changes are hard to pull off in large block of knitting, especially if the colors change quickly. With that in mind, I decided to do an afghan using the mitered square - casting on two outer sides, and reducing a stitch in the middle every other row, to create a mitered block. Each block is built on an existing block - or two.



I'm having a lot of fun with this afghan. It would be nice to finish it before summer ends - but it's a big project, so I'm not counting on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment