Friday, August 1, 2014

Wild Flowers

It's humbling to realize that - even if I didn't spend hours gardening, my yard would probably still be overflowing with flowers (and trees planted by squirrels).


Down our street, a building is slated for demolition, so the grass hasn't been cut in ages... The whole yard is a wild flower garden!!










In my own back lawn - where the grass hasn't been mowed in a few weeks, we don't have as many wild flowers. But I just noticed wild daisies sprouting, too!

When I mentioned this to my sister-in-law, visiting from Texas, she nodded. The same thought came to her, she said, when she noticed, in a neglected part of their property, behind a building she uses for storage, the whole area was in bloom!


What other gems are hidden in the grass, waiting for us to leave nature alone?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment