Thursday, July 17, 2014

My (FREE) Pattern for Knit Shawl

Last winter I knit two shawls in different colors using a pattern I developed - and loved! I ended up giving both away. But I plan to make more. In the meantime, I thought I'd share my pattern.


It is knit in three triangles, using directional knitting. Rather than sewing knit pieces together, stitches are picked up along one side of a finished triangle to begin the next triangle. The finished shawl is knit in three directions.



With variegated yarn, the effect can be quite dramatic. This shows a point where all three triangles (all knit in different directions) meet at the nape of the neck.









My pattern existed in note form on tiny pieces of paper until I typed it up a while ago when a friend asked for a copy. If anyone else would like a copy, click here to access one in PDF. (Hope it works!)

(And if you do make it, I'd love to see pictures of your finished results!)

No comments:

Post a Comment