Friday, July 11, 2014

My "Vegetable Garden"


My "vegetable garden" this year consists of a pot of cherry tomatoes I bought - with tomatoes already formed and ripening. I keep it indoors, so that the squirrels can't get near them!













That's not all! I have a second outdoors which is just beginning to flower. It was small when I bought it at a plant sale at the Franktown lilac festival. It is beginning to flower

I wonder if I'll get any tomatoes from this one - or if the squirrels will beat me to the draw! I put rocks in the pot, in hopes of deterring them and to keep the soil from drying out too quickly, but the squirrels pushed most of them out in their digging!

Downsizing my garden hasn't been all that hard. (I wish downsizing my book collection could come as easily!)

No comments:

Post a Comment