Saturday, July 12, 2014

Flowers in Bloom



July is the best month for my front flower bed. When I first planted it, I didn't have many mid- summer and late summer perennials. But I did have tiger lilies in my back yard, so I transplanted some - and they have grown. They add an exuberant brightness to the yard...








... as do the equally bright white shasta daisies that I originally got from a friend.












There are lots of yellow flowers as well, like the coreopsis...












... a number of mounds of yellow day lilies...












... and a few yellow Trollius Golden Queen flowers, like this one beside a daisy bud...








 




The red knautia are doing well this year.










As are the purple salvia, seen on the right.










This year there aren't many mauve Scabiosa flowers (seen in the bottom of the picture). Are the others perhaps crowding them out?












Nearby in my side flower bed, the delicate white achillia are in bloom...













As are the purple achillea...











In the back yard - near our deck - Terry's favorite, the purple clematis.

Cheerful colors all around the yard!








No comments:

Post a Comment