Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fascinating Figures (and Pretty Pottery) in Saint John, New Brunswick


Taking pottery classes this past year has made me more aware of hand-made ceramics and human figures, like the ones I noticed in Saint John, New Brunswick, when we were there a few weeks ago.

I thought about buying this berry bowl (with holes) that I saw in the museum shop in a downtown Saint John mall... It would serve me well in strawberry season.




All the pottery, like these soap dishes, is made by local artists.



















Outside the mall was an interesting array of figures, standing around ... waiting!












Aptly named "People Waiting," they add a friendly atmosphere to the downtown street.













All are made of wood - not clay - by local sculptor, John Hooper.


















Apparently one of the carved men has a third arm! (I didn't notice at the time, so I don't know which one.)

The artist obviously had a sense of humor!












No comments:

Post a Comment