Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Prayer for Retirees... and Other Free Spirits!

The beauty of retirement is that I can spend my time however I want - after years and years of living my life by the clock. But my quandary is - how to spend my time! There are so many options - and, equally disturbing (for me) is that I'm not getting to many of the projects I planned to start (or finish) in retirement.

So this prayer - that I came across recently - really spoke to me:

...grant that I may know and understand what things I ought to do, and that I may also have the grace and power faithfully to accomplish them...

... further me with your continual help; that in all my work begun, continued and ended in you, I may glorify your holy name...

It's all about priorities - setting them daily, much like my farming ancestors did. Like them, I want to "harvest" each day's opportunities, recognizing that seasons of the year - and of life - are not all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment