Thursday, June 30, 2011

Remembering The Way It Was...

Gardening is art in progress...














Looking forward, wondering how to improve my flower beds, I forget how far they have come in the six years since I started to eliminate lawn and plant perennials in various parts of the yard.














This is how the area under the pine tree looked in 2005... (I must have just finished planting... I haven't removed the flower pots yet!)














This is what it looks like now... It has filled out a lot since then! I have added more hostas... (But I wonder what happened to the lilies...)














Even our front flower bed looked quite different in 2005.














This is how it looks this summer.














This is a side view of the same flower bed. I've added a lot of plants near the road.

Gardening requires patience... And inspiration!














I sometimes take pictures of inspiring gardens. Here is one from 2005. I have no idea where it is.














Here are two I took just yesterday, walking around our neighborhood!














"Rome wasn't built in a day" - as they say - and a garden certainly takes years!

No comments:

Post a Comment