Thursday, June 9, 2011

Early June: Preparing for Summer

Summer arrived late this year. Only last week did I feel it necessary to complete two housekeeping "rituals":














  • Remove the flannelette bedding,...













... replacing it with smooth cotton sheets...














...and light bed covers.













  • Also put away my many fleece tops, a staple of my winter wardrobe. Fluffy and thick, they take up too much space in the closet. So I decided to put them away in a plastic container this year.













There! That makes room for summer clothes.

Housekeeping rituals!

Similarly, when the urge to hunt for the flannelette sheets, down-filled duvets, and my fleece shirts and jackets returns, I will realize (sadly) that summer is again over...

Canadian rituals that mark the passing of seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment