Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oops! I Pulled Out the Milkweed!

Gardening is a work in progress. I find myself either weeding or adding to my flower beds.














So many plants seem to take over, crowding out others when I'm not looking - or when the rain or mosquitoes keep me indoors!














But I recently went on a weeding frenzy... cutting down and pulling out a lot of different plants on the right end of the garden bed... the east side... And I'm sure I pulled out milkweed ...

Then... today, reading a gardening blog I have neglected for a while, I discovered that milkweed is GOOD - it provides food for the Monarch Butterfly larvae.

Some years we seem to have a lot of butterflies - other years, none. (Probably the years I have time to weed!)

Now I wonder what other "good weeds" I'm removing that encourage butterflies and birds...

(There is always so much to learn!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment