Friday, June 3, 2011

Back to Biking

This past winter, I exercised on a stationary bike... Now that spring is here, I decided to do some REAL biking...

I used to ride a bike when I worked in our neighborhood. At that time I rode a rusty one my neighbor had retrieved from someone's garbage. He rode it for a few years, then gave it to me. One of my colleagues said I looked like Mary Poppins... skirt billowing in the wind! I felt safe - NOBODY would steal it!! But when I was transferred to a new school across town, I threw out the old bike. (Now - years later - I regret letting it go.)














So I was half-looking for a bike when I came across this one on special. It has 3 gears that shift automatically - and pedal brakes, like my childhood bike and the old one my neighbor gave me. I'm trying to adjust to the new system: I am still startled whenever the bike (unexpectedly) shifts gears and my pedal pressure changes.

I also need a helmet (I never wore one back in the day... But at my age, I don't want to take any chances!)














I also need a knap sack... (As the bike has no basket.)


















There! I'm ready to go biking... if this rain ever stops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment