Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Insomnia (and Mid-night Madness?)

I often wake up between 2 and 4 am... and get up when my mind seems determined not to sleep.

I don't like to waste time, so I try to find something to do... usually it's something passive like reading... cup of coffee in hand.














But recently our electrical company instigated a "smart" way of calculating our electrical usage: There are peak hours during the day when it costs more - to discourage consumption and strain on the system. And overnight, from 9 pm till 7 am cheap electricity reigns!

So... I have begun doing laundry in the middle of the night when I can't sleep!















I mentioned my habit to my daughter recently.

She replied: My friend Natalie also suffers from insomnia. For the same reason - cheap electricity - she gets up and BAKES!














So - it appears that slowly - the Ontario electrical company is changing the housekeeping habits of Ontarians!

No comments:

Post a Comment