Thursday, November 3, 2011

Yesterday's Sunrise

Yesterday I happened to see dawn break...














It was lovely! (I quickly grabbed my camera.)

The picture probably doesn't look much different from other sunrises I have photographed through that same upstairs bedroom window and posted at various times on my blog...

Except that yesterday the sun rose at 7:43 am and set at 5:49 pm... (Approximately 11 hours from dawn to dusk - 10 hours from sunrise to sunset!) And daylight hours will continue to shorten until December 21st - when we will have approximately an hour less sunlight than now!

On "short days" like these, I remember driving to work (at 7:30 am) in greyness, and returning home just as the sun was sinking in the west. I had "missed" the day by being indoors.

I long for the "long" days of summer - on June 21st, the sun rises at 5:15 am and sets at 8:55 pm - and we enjoy more than 15 and a half hours of daylight!!

Now, I don't like to complain... (Appreciative that - these unscheduled days of retirement - nothing is keeping from from spending the whole day outdoors - if I choose to do so!)

I wish it wouldn't bother me - but it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment