Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Quilting... With a Difference

Internet searches are often like treasure hunts! Here is where one such "hunt" got me!...














I had been wondering what kind of border to add to my latest pinwheel quilt, so I did an online search of pinwheel quilt images to see what others have done.

This, in turn, led me to a blog with pictures taken at the Pacific International Quilt Festival a few years back. Two quilts caught my eye... The beautiful kaleidoscope of colors in a quilt made with pinwheels of various sizes (and no border!)

But the quilt that really amazed me was a portrait of two "Sunny Girls" - pictured a little further down the blog page. This quilt was created by a California quilter... So I did a google search to see what else this quilter (Pat Durbin) has made... And discovered a whole new style of quilting: picture quilts!

I'm utterly AMAZED by what Pat Durbin has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment