Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Moroccan-Style Mint Tea

When I was a university student, one of my close friends introduced me to mint tea, Moroccan style. I recall it was made of tea and sugar steeped in a lot of mint leaves. Over the years, I tried to replicate the taste, but I was never successful. Mint grows wild in my garden, but I think it's not the right kind of mint. I also didn't realize that traditional Moroccan mint tea is made using green tea... I may have to try again - using the recipe link above.


















In the meantime... a few months ago, I discovered some mint tea bags, Moroccan-style, in my local supermarket. The natural sweetener, Stevia, gives it a slightly sweet taste. Whenever I drink it, it really does bring back memories!














It has quickly become one of my favorite teas: Refreshing hot or cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment