Thursday, November 17, 2011

DELICIOUS Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Muffins

My baking urge started with a picture in a blog I often read: The chocolate chip pumpkin bread looked delicious! (November 7, 2011) So I hunted down the recipe*.

Here it is! But I made muffins...














1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)

2.
In a large bowl, combine:
  • 3 cups white sugar (or a little less to taste)
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 4 eggs
3. Beat until smooth.


















4. Add:
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (As usual, I made some substitutions: I included 1/4 cup each of psyllium, oat flour, quinoa flour, wheat germ and whole wheat flour in place of some of the white flour. )
5. Mix in:
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
( I also substituted 1 teaspoon each of ginger and allspice in place of the nutmeg... But it was still delicious!)

6. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips.














7. Fill muffin tins or loaf pan 1/2 to 3/4 full and bake
for 25 minutes for muffins, for 1 hour for loaf pans - or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from tins or pans. This large recipe makes 3 loaves - or, in my case, 12 cupcakes and 2 loaves.

----------
*The recipe in the blog "Just Breakfast" is credited to this blog... But later (hunting down nutritional information) I discovered the same recipe on the Allrecipes.com Canada website as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment