Friday, November 25, 2011

Herringbone Quilts

Karyn's blog reference to herringbone quilts made me think about my own herringbone quilt - made quite a few years ago.














The color theme of my quilt was "blue"... (Though I thought of the design as waves.) But, from a practical standpoint, I simply wanted to use up my many blue fabric scraps!














The unique (to me) feature if this quilt is that I used an old sleeping bag for batting...

Yes, there's an old sleeping bag in here! (Washed, of course!) Which makes the quilt extra thick. As I recall, it was a little harder to quilt than normal batting. But I wanted to reuse and re-purpose the sleeping bag!














Come to think of it, the backing (fabric on the back) of the quilt is also re-purposed. I cut it from a European-made duvet cover that wasn't the right size for my Canadian-sized duvets.

No comments:

Post a Comment