Saturday, November 19, 2011

Shakshuka: A Quick and Easy Meal

A while back my daughter sent me a link to a recipe blog.














Do you know how to make Shakshuka?
she asked.

Well, I've watched people make it and I've eaten it. But I've never actually made it, I replied.














But the way I remember it was simply fried tomatoes...














... with eggs added, to make a scrambled egg and tomato dish.
It's pretty easy.














(I guess the closest North American equivalent - in taste - to my recipe would be scrambled eggs with ketchup!)

After doing a little more online research, I've discovered a second recipe for Shakshuka. Both this one and the link my daughter sent me (above) make a tomato sauce with green peppers and garlic added, whereas I simply fried a tomato. This second recipe also adds spicy jalapeno peppers and suggests that - paired with pita bread - shakshuka makes a good breakfast. (I personally prefer it for lunch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment