Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Prayer of Thanks

I recently attended a workshop on appreciating and writing personal "psalms" - poetic prayer songs to God. I'm no poet, but I do love to read (and sing) the psalms of the Bible. (They are so honest!)














Our assignment:
To create a personal list of things for which we are thankful - adding a comment about each item on the list. So here is my prayer of thanks, written as 17 of us sat in a sacred circle - all composing, then sharing, our personal thanks to God!

Loving, surprising Father-God,

I thank You for the dreams You put in my heart -
They've taken me farther than I ever expected to go.

I thank You for the family You've given me -
They've stretched me more than I ever wanted to be stretched.

I thank You for allowing me to Live the Dream -
The grade-five dream of a house among trees,
And a life of writing... not stories, but blogs.


I thank You for pulling me back to this writing dream -
Again and again -

I have so much to learn!

This is all part of Your Divine Plan:
Your
leading has taken me farther than I ever expected to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment