Monday, November 29, 2010

Mystery Afghan Update

I left for England a day or two after Clue 8 came out... This clue called for 8 flowered squares...














Having made a whole afghan of flowers - I wasn't sure I wanted to do flowers again! I started, but left them unfinished.

When I came back, Clue 9 had come out. It was a plan for organizing the squares.














I had serious reservations about putting my wild and crazy mitered squares into the same afghan as the traditional granny squares... So I decided to make two afghans - one using the mitered squares in the center, and crocheting a border around them.














I'm still working on this project, but it's coming along.

I plan to assemble the others into a second afghan, but I will need to make up some more (lacy) squares to replaced the 16 mitered squares I no longer have... In the meantime, clue 10 has also come out - a border for around the afghan. (You can see in in progress at the bottom of the clue 10 blog.) I'm not sure I want to do that either, but I'll see how it fits in with the rest of the mystery afghan, when I get back to that...

For now I'm trying to finished the mitered one... I do have a deadline for it: Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment