Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Diner Dinner

A friend of mine loves to eat in diners - old-fashioned 1950's style restaurants. Wherever she goes, she seeks them out... I never really understood her fascination, but found myself eating in one recently in Toronto.

Fran's Diner ("a Toronto tradition") never closes. It has been serving food 24/7 ... since 1940! (Before I was born!!) That's quite a feat!














The ambiance was... well, friendly and unassuming... like a diner!














And the food was abundant and delicious!














(The mashed potatoes were lumpy - so I knew they were real!)














They even served vegetarian options!

We left with big smiles on our faces! Good food! Great prices! And a waiter whose smile would brighten anyone's day.

I can see why their doors have been open ... all day and all night... for 70(?!) years!

No comments:

Post a Comment