Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 4: Shopping in London














Day 4 saw me return to Regent Street for some serious window shopping... Time was flying... Perhaps I should buy a few Christmas gifts and souvenirs to take home...














There were elegant stores and display windows... But nothing I wanted to try on...














At first, the streets were quiet.














But a few stores must have had sales, as there were line-ups of people.














One large toy store was also drawing a crowd of parents and children... When it started to rain - I couldn't believe they just stood there and waited! Dedicated shoppers!














Carnaby Street was busy!














And ready for Christmas... (I think Santa is wearing a plastic space suit.)














I noticed some cute thermoses in a shop window... but when I went back to buy one, I couldn't find the store!














The only place I had planned to shop was Liberty of London. I wanted to see if they had any quilting fabric. Their building is lovely and old inside and out...














This display caught my eye!

I found the quilting fabric and some pre-packaged quilting kits... But I couldn't make up my mind... So I left.














Nearby, I noticed these lovely old apartment buildings... It would be fun living there, so close to the heart of London shopping.

After walking up and down Regent Street, I took the subway to Harrod's, London's most exclusive department store...














Their display windows were lavishly decorated for Christmas.


















Even the watch ads on their marble walls cried out: You can't afford me!!


















This life-size statue of a horse stood in the middle of the department where riding apparel was sold.

I did get a few Christmas gifts in Harrod's food section. (I confess: They were on special!)

Then on my way home, I stopped at M&S for something to eat...














And noticed they sell wine by the glass!














But I settled for a British sandwich... and coffee back in my hotel room.

2 comments:

  1. serviced apartments London

    We aim to offer the best to our travelers visiting London and provide great accommodation in London's Serviced Apartments along with reliable customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't the hotel we stayed in but I did enjoy staying in a hotel with a kitchenette - or a "serviced apartment." There are many in London. This one isn't quite as central as ours was. My advice before booking: Check trip adviser (online) for recent visitor comments, bearing in mind that people usually comment when they are not happy with something.

    ReplyDelete