Thursday, September 16, 2010

My 500th Post (Is it Possible?)

I can hardly believe it - but this is my 500th post! I had no clear plan when the idea came to me one cold winter day in January 2009! I simply thought: Why not share some pieces of my life with ... whoever wants to read my ramblings... (After all, I did always want to be a writer!)

Now here I am - 500 posts later!


My current goal: to write a post every day...

My fear: that I will begin to repeat myself... (as I apparently sometimes do!)

There is an exit on Highway 401 that Terry and I pass when traveling to or from Toronto. (So we pass it about a dozen times a year...) It's on the edge of Brockville ( a picturesque smallish city on the St. Lawrence River). Whenever I see that exit, my mind flashes back to the day my daughter and I drove along that road, taking the back road from Ottawa to Brockville. She was going scuba diving in the St. Lawrence River... It was a mother-daughter weekend full of lovely memories...

And I (apparently) not only think it, but I also say out loud: That's the road we took when we came for scuba diving...

I apparently think out loud - because the last time we passed that spot - Terry quietly said: You say that every time we pass this place...

(Mmmmm. Is it beginning to annoy him?!)

I think of older people I have known... wonderful people I love to visit ... who recount the same stories every time I come ... Now, these are, no doubt, important stories in their lives. But I sadly wish they had something new to share...

Perhaps we only have so many stories to tell - so many defining moments in our lives, memorable experiences amid the daily routine...

And hopefully - on this blog - where I have subject tags to click on (and I can be reminded of old stories I have written about!) - I won't begin to repeat myself!

I tend to be forgetful at times... And, in fact, wrote an early post about it! (I do remember that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment