Saturday, September 25, 2010

New Yarn Projects

I'm not sure what happens at this time of year - knitting and crocheting come back into my life.














I came across these yarn projects from Bernat yarns... (I subscribe to their e-newsletter and get free patterns that way).

I was looking for a new knitting project that would be easy to take along when I have to sit and wait...














This heart pillow (the one on the left) seems a perfect choice. There is a design - but I would need only one ball of yarn (not several, as when I have to change colors).














The only problem with knitting a pillow in the round is that it's hard to gauge how big around it will be till it is taken off the needles (...when it's done)!

I'm tempted to begin the mystery crocheted afghan featured on the newsletter as well: I could use up yarn left over from other projects.

Bernat sends out a weekly pattern ("clue") for 2 of the squares. Eventually (not sure how many weeks later), there will be enough squares to make the mystery blanket! Sounds like fun!

2 comments:

  1. I recognize that little project! I have really enjoyed getting to know you a little better at Yums & Yarns Marleen. We should get together for dinner sometime! I'm glad that we found each other in the blogging world as well :)
    I'm looking forward to reading up on your adventures! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, you have inspired me to begin the mystery afghan... More about that on Monday's blog! Happy crafting and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete