Friday, September 17, 2010

Anniversary!

Today is our wedding anniversary!














In the early years of our marriage, as our anniversary date approached, I used to replay in my mind the hectic week prior to our wedding, in Montreal...














All week we had welcomed guests: Family members who had come from Edmonton and Kelowna, British Columbia...














Friends had come from afar, too - and many congregated in our new apartment...

A few (like my two Edmonton cousins who were my bridesmaids and Terry's brother who was best man) camped out on the carpeted floor in our sparsely furnished living room...














(Our kids sometimes say: You were "hippies"! Well, not really - but we did do our own thing!)


















I wore a borrowed dress that a teaching colleague had offered me - I had skeptically agreed to try it on ...But it was perfect!














I made and decorated my own wedding cake...

Terry spent the morning of our wedding day helping set up the church hall for the reception...

No time for hairdressers or make up artists that day! We rushed around doing as much as we could ourselves - preparing for a party for 100 guests.














Friends had offered to cook and serve the food....















It was a sumptuous buffet!














(Here are some of the organizers... finally sitting down to enjoy the meal!)


















Terry and I had purchased several cases of wine and delivered them to the hall... There was a bottle or two at every table...

There was no DJ or music - we had forgotten about that - until it was too late...

The day is rich with memories...














I am amazed at how many people are still part of our lives... (Randall - on the left - was the organist. Robin - here with his wife, Sandra - performed the ceremony.)














Many of the years that followed are kind of a blur - but that day was a jewel in every way!

No comments:

Post a Comment