Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm ready for next Wednesday!

I have decided to embrace the challenge of the mystery afghan project I mentioned on Saturday. I haven't crocheted in a while, and it sounds like fun.














Besides, I have a lot of leftover yarn that I'd like to use up. The colors remind me of the colors of my autumn flower bed...














When I followed the instructions (clue 1!) for the first square, my square turned out to be 6 inches (15.4 centimeters) rather than 8 (or 20.3 centimeters). My yarn must be thinner than that in the pattern. (But I don't want to buy any new yarn, unless I run out...)














I solved the problem by cutting out an 8 inch (20.3 cm) paper square for a template, and then crocheting around my squares (in single crochet) until each was the size of the template.














Now that my first 2 squares are done, I'm anxiously awaiting the second clue (for the next 2 squares) to be revealed - in Wednesday's e-newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment