Friday, January 15, 2021

You Gotta Enjoy the Snow!

Winter is here... There's snow on the ground. Most years, we have snow on the ground for at least three months - from December to March. 

To enjoy this cold season, it’s important to find enjoyable things to do indoors and out - or winter will be a long and boring.

After mentioning that to a class of immigrants - many from hot countries - a young Somali man told me that he had tried skiing - and enjoyed it...




I'm not as adventuresome. In winter I usually end up reading and doing crafts. My outdoor activities are walking - though I used to go sledding with my kids when they were young, like this dad is doing in a nearby park.



If I were younger and braver, I might try a new winter sport like snowboarding - skimming along being pulled with a kite. 

It definite looks like fun. All you need is a snowboard, a kite... a snow-covered field, some strong wind... and a lot of courage!

But like all sports, it looks deceptively easy when someone else is doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment