Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A Year Ago!

Today is my daughter-in-law’s birthday! 

I wish her an amazing year... a totally different kind of year! 

Last year at this time, we had no idea what lay ahead. The COVID-19 pandemic had not yet arrived in Canada. In fact, I don't know if I even expected it to come... 











I was living day to day... staying with her and the children while my son was away on business.

(He reminded me recently that he returned on his wife's birthday...)

Being with them was one of the highlights of my year... 

It was such a joy...

Making forts with a then-three-year-old... Watching a two month old discover the world around him...


All too soon it changed to social distancing... 

My hope for us all is that we will soon be able to return to life as it was before... when we can hug those we love, and we don't have to worry about "the virus," as my granddaughter refers to it. So glad for the memories! Children grow up very, very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment