Friday, January 1, 2021

Daily Changes


















On New Years Day, my mind often turns to the year ahead, especially to changes I'd like to see in my life in the coming year  - losing weight, walking more, de-cluttering, eating more healthily... to name a few.

Over the years, I've reached some of my goals. Thanks to Marie Kondo, my closets and cupboards are more organized than they used to be. Developing Type 2 Diabetes 15 years ago made me more attentive to what I eat. Although I do slip back into old eating habits, I now eat more vegetables (and less chocolate) than I used to.

A while back, I came across an interesting quote by John C. Maxwell - worth thinking about at the beginning of a new year. The quote is: 

You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.

Eating, folding laundry and putting things away are all part of my daily life - so perhaps changes in these areas are easier than my current goal of finishing projects I've started but never seen through to the end.

The challenge, I guess, is to make them a priority so that they do become a natural part of my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment