Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Our Daily Walk: Wellington Street

On non-snowy days - when sidewalks can be trusted to be free of ice and snow, Terry and I like walk in different neighborhoods. 

I love my own neighborhood - but with very few sidewalks - and roads that slope towards the ditch, it poses an extra walking danger in winter for me. 

So off we drive... to take a walk!

One day recently, Terry and I headed to Wellington Street, between Westbo and Hintonburg, two interesting old neighborhoods. 



Two of his favorite bakeries - for sourdough bread - are located in Hintonburg...

He found the bread he wanted at a French bakery - where I bought an amazing brownie... (I'll definitely get it again!) I may try their French pastry sometime, too.

The streets and sidewalks weren't busy... 


















At this time of year, with no trees and flowers to admire, I enjoy looking at murals painted on buildings...

Now that winter is here, I'm thankful for interesting neighborhoods to walk in, not all that far from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment