Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Everything Old is New Again?!!

For Christmas this year, one of our sons gave Terry an LP record... vinyl!

Lucky we still have our old record player, I said to Terry.

(We haven't used it in years!)


Vinyl is making a comeback,
our son explained.

(I had no idea! What formats are available these days?! This same son got rid of all his CD's a few years ago and now streams music from an online subscription...)

We still use CD's, especially when we're traveling - though Terry tells me that our next car will probably not have a CD player in it... They're not putting them in cars anymore.

Here are two CD's I bought recently... Josh Grobin and some singing nuns...  They are all new releases... Will  CD's soon be obsolete?!

Will we have to stream music through our cell phones? We've never done that.





I was disappointed when they stopped building cassette players in cars. I don't think tapes are available anymore. 

I still have some... like these cassettes of children's stories. My youngest son loved listening to them when he was small. 

I wonder if his four-year-old daughter will be interested in listening to them next time she visits... (She may be 5 by the time it's safe to do that!) 

I also came across this old walkman cassette player - and it works...

I'm looking forward to introducing her to this old technology to see what she thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment