Wednesday, January 23, 2019

My Visible Mending

I enjoy using Instagram and Pinterest - two apps that allow me to get ideas by seeing the creativity of others.

I recently subscribed to #visiblemending on Instagram.

("Mend more - spend less!" is the motto of some visible menders...)








Inspired by the posts I see, I don't care anymore if my mending is visible on my hand-knit socks...










I haven't tried visible mending on other garments yet...
















But - once I get tired of de-cluttering - I look forward to experimenting on old garments that are still so comfortable I don't want to throw them out or give them away.
This old hoodie, for example... It's an old favorite. I used to wear it a lot - until the cuffs showed visible wear and tear and the garment began to feel shabby...













I'd love to wear it again. This could be a perfect first project!

No comments:

Post a Comment