Saturday, January 19, 2019

Getting Back into Pottery...

Last week saw me back in our local city-run pottery studio, in a local community center that also houses swimming pools and skating rinks.

One day I worked on the wheel...

(This is what the room looked like before the potters arrived.)









The next day I did hand-building, in a different studio. Here we work on tables, shaping the clay by hand.

Doing pottery twice a week will be my schedule until early April.
I also brought back an unfinished piece that I started last year. It needs to be fired...











As I go through the basement, tidying, I may find more pottery tools.

Maybe even more unfinished projects!

I've been doing pottery in winter for quite a few years now. Once a session is over, I drop my bags on a basement shelf and leave them... although I fully intend to go through them sometime to sort things out.

But, for some reason, I rarely open the bags until my next pottery session begins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment