Thursday, January 10, 2019

My "To-do List": A Simple Task? Or a Bigger Project?

I recently created a "to do" list of things I wanted to accomplish that day.

I was pleased that I managed - in one day - to get quite a bit done. The following day, I added a few items and circled the jobs that I hadn't managed to get to the previous day.

When I hadn't touched them after after three days, I took a really good look at them. Did I really want to do them? What was holding me back?!

It was then that it dawned on me that most of these, like: organize the study, tidy the basement, were more than a task - they were a project!

Projects can't be done quickly... To chip away at them, a few tasks at a time? Or dedicate a whole day to each one?

I'll have to think about that for a while... (Hmmm. Is this useful reflection - or procrastination?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment