Friday, January 18, 2019

Marie Kondo's "Magic"!

The past few weeks, I've been reading Marie Kondo's book on the "magic" of tidying...

At the same time, I've been trying to follow her advice as I do some tidying every day...

I started with sorting through drawers, folding clothing and towels in her amazing way...

She even folds socks and lays them side by side so that they can be seen clearly.





She notes that Japanese have a love affair with folding! They prefer to fold clothing rather than hang it up...

A few years ago, I wrote a blog on some Japanese folding methods, but not for clothing.

I remembered a former Japanese student and his lunch container: a folded square scarf.



Eventually I moved my tidying into the study, where getting rid of unnecessary bits of paper became my main challenge. I've shredded and recycled lots of papers and magazines. I still have a long way to go until the study is the tidy, peaceful place I want it to be...

But least I can see the top of my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment